As far as construction, the Contoured Series headrests are the most basic headrests that Stealth Products offers. It is an economical alternative when separate foam is not necessary. This series is available in two styles that allow different clinical functions. The Contoured is molded as an integral unit of self-skinning foam, so a cover is not needed, but a cover may be added. This headrest is designed to:
- Support the occipital shelf with a molded in ledge.
- Offer mild lateral support with the large contoured size.
- Be extremely durable with a metal insert molded in for strength.
- Withstand the most rigorous environment.
- Wipe clean and easily disinfect with its water resistant self skinned foam surface.
- Be compatible with all our standard mounting hardware.
- Flexible and adjustable metal base allows you to form the headrest to better support the head.
- The small contoured pad offers a cradling head support that offers basic lateral support.
- The large contoured pad offers a larger head support for the occipital and a ledged occipital support with basic lateral support.
- 30° of tilt in all directions.
- 360° range of rotational adjustment with a positive lock ball and collar.
- Attached to Stealth mounting hardware, a high degree of adjustment is supplied.
- Hardware designs allow the addition of lateral support surfaces with independent adjustments.
- Simple, straight forward, robust, and economical support pad mounting.
- Easily achieved anterior, posterior, height, and rotational movements.
- The multi-axis supplies an extra rotational point on the vertical mounting rod.
- The NEW HMO500 has an universal ball kit mount, fits either 17mm or 1in ball-kit
- Multiple planes of adjustment allow critical adjustment of anterior, posterior, and angle.
- Separate links isolate adjustment planes and angles.
- Individual link adjustment achieves the most complex head support solutions.
- Standard removal option or integrated push button that allows the hardware to flip down, eliminating misplacement.
Add additional adjustments to the headrest mounting with back mounting accessories:
- The FDM350 provides flip down for mounting hardware with 1/2in. square tubing.
- The HMO-OB track provides vertical adjustment to the head support to adapt to asymmetry.
- The SBM300H and SBM300U interface plate is used to provide and adapter for solid backplates.
- The SBM351 1in. interface clamp allows a headrest to be mounted onto a 1in. crossbar.
OTTOS9 Swing Away Option
- Varied systems offer attachment points for support surfaces and switch access.
- Swing-away rods adjust in angle, rotation, and length.
- Rods swing out of the way 100° for transfer, therapy, and when not needed.
- Adjustable pads block lateral flexion, rotation, and provide a surface for support.
- Rods swing back into place without losing their position.
Swing Away Configurations
- Rods function as the adjustable connection between the Swing Away and the pad.
- Choose a length of 6 in., 13 in., 24 in., or custom length and shape.
- Size options all accommodate facial pads and switches.
Facial Lateral Pads
- Facial lateral pads facilitate proper clinical interventions.
- Adjustable to achieve midline head position, or to block rotation and flexion.
- Aids in deterring advancement of cervical deformities and muscle foreshortening.
- The longer pads (900 & 910) are bendable to fit the contact area.
- Comes standard with 1/2 in. closed cell foam and neoprene covers.
- Gel and viscoelastic foams may be added.
- Lateral facial pads are an important clinical intervention.
Switches & Inputs
- Stealth's full selection of switches are supported by lateral rods and Swing Aways.
- Support and switch access can be added and adjusted for the best clinical outcomes.
- To see a full list of swing away accessories, check out the OTTOS9 page.