The Power Chin Boom is a versatile and innovative motorized mounting arm. It's designed for mounting a chin joystick in the best driving position for the user. With the free downloadable software, speeds, movements, and activation methods can be altered to the users preferences. The Power Chin Boom offers effective and comfortable solutions for the customer, as well as an aesthetically pleasing look.
- Swing out of the way by default 180°, but can be programmed to swing away up to 274°, making transfers easier.
- Work with any button with a mini jack connection. One input button can perform up to three different functions.
- A Power Chin Boom Package for the right arm (IDM-PCB-R) or left arm (IDM-PCB-L) can be ordered.
- Mount any mo-Vis joystick for a chin controlled chair.
Power Chin Boom Data
|Mechanical (For X, Y Axis)||Environmental|
-13°F (-25°C) to 122°F (50°C)
|Maximum Vertical Load when Mounted Vertically||-|
-40°F (-40°C) to 149°F (65°C)
|Maximum Horizontal Load when Mounted Horizontally||-|
|Sealing (When mounted vertically)||-||IPX4|
|Maximum Rotation Angle||-||274°||Sealing (When mounted horizontally)||-||--|
|Expected Life||-||Less Than 100,000 Cycles||Immunity Level ISO7176-21||-||20v/m 26Mhz to 2.5Ghz|
|Emission Level ISO7176-21||-||CISPR 11 Class B|
|Length of Arm||-|
25 9/16in (65cm)
|ESD ISO7176-21||-||8kV Air, 4kV Contact|
180cm (5ft 8in)
IMPORTANT NOTEDimension tables do not display properly on small screens. Download Power Chin Boom Data table on your device below.
The mo-Vis Configurator Software is a free downloadable software that is configured by attaching a USB cable from the interface to the computer. It offers simple, easy to understand information and program selection options for increased customization of end user controls. The software offers the convenient setting of recognizing when updates are available with device, providing a great value for technical diagnostic and after sales support issues.
One of the main advantages of this software is that it is general for all of the mo-Vis joysticks and Power Chin Boom. After connecting your mo-Vis device to the computer, the device will be recognized immediately and all technical information will be displayed on the computer screen. Chin Boom parameters have the ability to be saved with the mo-Vis software under the clients name, allowing for easy access with future modifications.
Power Chin Boom Mounting HardwareFeatures:
- Power Chin Boom Bracket Packages are available for Quantum and Permobil Chairs.
- Easy to configure with multiple mounting options.
- Brackets allow for height and angle adjustments of the Power Chin Boom in order to accommodate the clients' needs.
Mounting Packages Available
The mounting packages available are for mounting the Power Chin Boom Hardware to a Permobil or Quantum chair. These packages can also be ordered separately from the Power Chin Boom if a piece becomes broken or extra pieces are needed to accommodate the users needs.
Power Chin Boom Hardware Package for Quantum
Power Chin Boom Hardware Package for Permobil
Power Chin Boom Accessories
When mounting the All-Round Joystick to the Power Chin Boom, an All-Round Mounting Set is required. This mounting hardware attaches to the base of the All-Round joystick, which then slides onto the Power Chin Boom C-Rod or S-Rod. The mounting set includes:
- Two mounting plates
- Two M5 locknuts
- Six M5 bolts
- Rod adaptor
- By attaching the Micro Joystick to the provided Q2M Rod and Clamp to the arm of the Power Chin Boom, the joystick can now be used for driving with the chin.
- .02lbf (.1N) of required force for operating.
- Weighs only 7.93oz (224.81g).
- Two optional tops for the joystick help create the most comfortable and effective drive control for the client.
Multi JoystickMore about the Multi Joystick
- Attaching the Mounting Plate to the base of the Multi Joystick, along with the Q2M Rod and Clamp, and connecting it to the arm of the Power Chin Boom, allows for the chair to be controlled by chin when driving.
- .11lbf (.489N) of required force for operating.
- Weighs only 8.81oz (249.76g).
- Up to 2 switches can be plugged into the joystick for power and mode options.
- The All-Round Mounting Set can be attached to the base of the All-Round
Joystick for mounting to the arm of the Power Chin Boom.
- .551lbf (2.44N) of required force for operating.
- Weighs 11.11oz (314.99g).
- 2 Satellite Twisters can be plugged into the joystick for power and mode