December 03, 2018
1014 N Pioneer Parkway
Peoria, IL 61614
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
CEUs: .3 total
Sponsored by Stealth Products, LLC
ABSTRACT | 3 WAYS TO KEEP YOUR CLIENT’S HEAD UP
3 Hours of Instruction (.3 CEU)
You’ve positioned the client. You’ve tried every head support available. And yet your client spends most of their time looking at their lap. This course will discuss various strategies to optimize head position. First, we will explore strategies beyond the head support, including specific positioning interventions and addressing visual issues. Second, we will explore posterior head supports in depth, matching specific features to client needs. Third, we will explore other options which may be required if posterior support alone is inadequate, including anterior head support. Case studies will be used throughout.
1. The participant will be able to list 3 causes of decreased head control.
2. The participant will be able to list 3 strategies to provide posterior head support.
3. The participant will be able to list 3 strategies to support the head for clients without any head control.
4. The participant will be able to describe how visual midline shifts may impact head position.
5. The participant will be able to list 3 dynamic support options for the head.
On-site registration prior to course start: